¡BIENVENIDO A BORDO!
CEDENA Puerto Williams, colaborando en la formación de niños y jóvenes a través del deporte náutico, en el extremo austral de Chile.
What we do
We are a non-profit organization that aims to educate integral children and young people by using the practice of water sports as a tool.
Since its establishment in 2014, we have formed more than 500 students between the ages of 7 and 18, who have learned not only to sail and kayaking, but also to overcome obstacles, work as a team and, especially, to dream.
“Ver a los niños romper el hielo con sus kayaks, armar sus embarcaciones en medio de la nieve y navegar en las gélidas aguas del Beagle, es lo más impresionante que hemos visto en la náutica del país”
Equipo Cedena PW.
Courses and disciplines
- Initiation to sailing
- Parts of the boat
- The boat and the wind
- Race techniques
- Main sailing
- Environmental care
We have a world-class infrastructure. Our boats meet the highest standards of quality and regulations in force, and our equipment allows the practice of nautical sports in all seasons of the year.
To face emergencies, we have the continuous support of the Chilean Navy
- 15 single-type Optimist sailboats
- 9 monotype Laser sailboats
- 1 sailboat school Nautisail 18.5 feet for 6 people
- 1 sailboat school Phantom 19 foot for 4 people
- 1 sailboat school vagabond for 2 people
- 1 sailboat school J24 of competition for 5 people
- 1 inclusive sail boat Hansa 303 for 2 people
- 9 kayaks
- 1 stand up paddle board
- 1 semi-rigid safety with capacity for 9 people
- 1 Safety Zodiac with capacity for 6 people
All children attending our courses and workshops have equipment of personal protection, neoprene suits, neoprene gloves, neoprene boots, sailing suits and life jackets.
The training team also has personal protective elements to perform the activities.