CEDENA Puerto Williams, contributing to the training of children and young people through nautical sports, in the southernmost area of Chile.
What we do
We are a non-profit organization that aims to educate integral children and young people by using the practice of water sports as a tool.
Since its establishment in 2014, we have formed more than 500 students between the ages of 7 and 18, who have learned not only to sail and kayaking, but also to overcome obstacles, work as a team and, especially, to dream.
“Seeing the children break the ice with their kayaks, rig up their boats under the snow and sail in the icy waters of the Beagle, is the most impressive thing we have seen in the nautical sector of the country.”
The CEDENA PW Team.
Courses and disciplines
- Initiation to sailing
- Parts of the boat
- The boat and the wind
- Race techniques
- Main sailing
- Environmental care
We have a world-class infrastructure. Our boats meet the highest standards of quality and regulations in force, and our equipment allows the practice of nautical sports in all seasons of the year.
To face emergencies, we have the continuous support of the Chilean Navy.
- 15 single-type Optimist sailboats
- 9 monotype Laser sailboats
- 1 school sailboat Nautisail 18.5 feet for 6 people
- 1 school sailboat Phantom 19 foot for 4 people
- 1 school sailboat Vagabond for 2 people
- 1 school + competition sailboat J24 for 5 people
- 1 inclusive sailboat Hansa 303 for 2 people
- 9 kayaks
- 1 stand up paddle board
- 1 semi-rigid safety boat with capacity for 9 people
- 1 Safety Zodiac with capacity for 6 people
All children attending our courses and workshops have equipment of personal protection, neoprene suits, neoprene gloves, neoprene boots, sailing suits and life jackets.
The training team also has personal protective elements to perform the activities.